Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Altered Bird Houses

I can't tell you how many times I have seen one of these and wanted to give it a try. I don't have a use for one, I don't have a real place to put one, but still this weekend I ended up makng about 5 of them. Before I show you mine, here are a few that I saw and really liked.
These are VERY elaborate
LOVE this blog and everything she does
The colors here are so pretty
I'm in lust with these, the colors, the patterns, the GLITTER!!
I have always loved pink and green together
Anyways, you can gooogle "altered bird house" and TONS will come up. You can make hem really fancy or as plain as you want. All I really did for these was a little paint cover them in some nice paper, and added a little glitter to some.
First I panted the parts that were HARD to cover with paper. Okay, first I did one where I didn't paint any of it, and decided from now on to pain to make sure it all goes together.

Primed Bird House

The I covered the sides and roof with patterned paper

Altered Bird House

Then (I'm not so sure you can see it well here) I added a little glitter to some of them. These I outlined the circles on the roof with Martha Stewarts glitte glue, then used glitter from her black set.


Photobucket

I didn't want to over do the glitter cause I know if I give them away, some people don't like too much. But CAN there be too much. The only problem came when I hung one on my kitchen wall. I failed to pain or cover the bottom, so it looks kind of ... whack. So it will sit on a shelf and version 3.0 will have the bottoms painted.

My next altered project? Well, I would love to give this a try. You HAVE to click on it, it is AMAZING

No comments:

Post a Comment