Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Layout for Christmas of 2002

Here is a layout I made for a challenge at Scrapbook.Com. The rule was 90% of the layout had to be circle. It could be one big circle, lots of little ones, it didn’t matter. I made another layout, very similar to this one, but I thought I would go with something a little more traditional.

Christmas 2002

First I traced a circle onto the maroon cardstock. Then I used my jumbo square punch to make tons of these squares. I used paper from a DCWV pad, so that they all matched relatively well. I rounded the corners with a medium punch, and inked the edges of some of them. I glued them all down in the outline of the circle, then filled the circle in, overlapping them so there was non of the card stock showing. I matted the photo, then placed it a little off center over the circle.

Close up of Christmas 2002

The other layout I made I cut the circle out of the cardstock, so when I was finished the layout was an almost 12 inch wide circle-ish shape. I made a few more since then, using different size squares, stamping on some of them, a circle full of other circles. It’s time to move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment